Bright Child Struggling with Reading?
Even if your child has 20/20 vision, it doesn’t mean that their eyes are working together correctly. This can lead to difficulties in school that are often overlooked.
Is it really ADD/ADHD?
Undetected and untreated vision problems can cause some of the very same signs and symptoms that are commonly attributed to ADHD. Review the signs and symptoms to see if your child might have been mislabled.
Improve Your Sports Performance
Our visual skills play a vital role in our ability to play sports. Many of our patients find that their sports performance improves, even though they came to us for help with their difficulty with reading. An offshoot of our practice is dedicated to sports vision. Learn more below.
Improve your vision at ANY AGE
Many parents often discover that they too have vision problems similar to their children and ask us if it is too late for them to get help. The answer is – it is never too late! We can help!
Does Your Child Have a Vision Problem?
How Vision Affects The Ability to Learn
It's Never Too Late to Correct a Vision Problem
1 Out of 4 Children Suffer from a Vision Problem
Influencing Their Ability to Read & Learn
The ability to see clearly (20/20) is just one part of being able to read & learn easily.
During the early years of childhood, the brain develops more than 15 visual skills that allow normal functioning, reading & learning. When a child does not have one or more of these skills, he or she will often also have reading and/or attention difficulties.
As a specialist in vision development, Dr. Ward works with children & adults to develop these essential visual skills. Vision problems, such as these, can be mistaken & misdiagnosed as an attention problem or a learning disability because they cause similar symptoms.
If your child is struggling with reading, has a poor understanding of what's read, or is just not doing as well as you might expect, contact us for an evaluation.
Binocular Vision Problems
When your eyes have difficulty working together to form a single image, your vision can be clear at times but also blurred or even double other times. Vision therapy helps train your eyes to work together correctly and has a high success rate with binocular vision disorders such as:
- Amblyopia or Lazy Eye
- Convergence Insufficiency (near vision, eye teaming disorder)
- Eye Fatigue
- Tracking Problems
- Diplopia (double vision)
- Lack of Stereopsis (two-eyed depth perception)
- Strabismus (cross-eyed, wandering eye, eye turns, etc.)
Vision Rehabilitation for Brain Injury
A head injury can result in vision problems, and it doesn’t matter how young or old you are. Whether you have fallen off a bike, had a car accident or a stroke, vision problems can range from being very subtle to severe. The more severe vision problems are obvious, the person complains of.
Symptoms of a head injury include blurred vision (especially when reading), headaches, double vision, pain in the eye or eyes and more...
On the cutting edge of developmental & rehabilitative vision therapy.
We have invested in the latest technology to be able to provide our patients with the best results possible.
Every patient has their own unique needs and we have a wide array of tools available to help each specific situation.
H. Jeff Ward, O.D., F.I.O.A.,
Diplomate of the American Board of Optometry
Dr. H. Jeff Ward is a long-time Colorado resident. He graduated with a Bachelor’s Degree in Chemistry from Northwestern University and then went on to complete his doctorate of Optometry at the University of Houston. Finally, he completed a prestigious residency in Corneal Pathology & Contact Lenses at the New England College of Optometry. He received the Arthur R. Giroux Residency Research Award for his innovative dry eye research study. Dr. Ward is a Diplomate of the American Board of Optometry, which certifies a life-long commitment to excellence and quality patient care.
Dr. Ward has extensive post-graduate training in vision development, rehabilitation, optometric vision therapy and sports vision training. As a father of two boys, he is adept at helping children feel at ease during the examination.
- Great friendly prompt service! Everyone was welcoming and aimed to please and satisfy the customer...nice clean office in a quiet location with a fantastic fish tank to view and enjoy as well......Kenneth M
- I just got back from my eye appointment at Highlands Ranch Optical. Dr. Cassie Headrick was very professional, fun, informative, really knows what she is doing. I really felt like she listened to my concerns and came up with several …I just got bac...Dina D
- Dr. Ward and the entire Highlands Ranch Optical staff are incredible. My family has been with this office for close to 2 years and have had great experiences every time we visit. Our needs have ranged from eye exam for our 6-year old, contacts, glass...Stacy H
- Randomly picked this company out of proximity to our new house and could not be happier. Completely professional, outstanding and patient staff and very......Kristen C
- I used to go to walmart for my contacts but after lots of wasted money and struggles, a friend of mine told me to try seeing her doctor, Dr. Ward, and I am......Karen J